Project Home • Forums • Known Issues • Screenshots • External Project Link • Contact Project
Author: Qasim Rasheed (All RIAForge projects by this author)
Version 1.1 is released which include a bug fix where issue Ajax doesn't work in I.E. Thanks Greg for pointing this out.
I have recently uploaded a stable version 1.0 of CFDefect which includes the ability create multiple cfdefect application with one set of core (similar to a blog application). This will make it easier to translate this into Model-Glue or Mach-II (planned for later release)
Most importantly, I will like to thank Ray Camden for letting me use his application's DB schema and features.
* Easy and simple to use.
* Multiple project support.
* Security - control access to project and administrator by user/group.
* Assign bugs and track those througout the life cycle of an issue.
* Customizable to add severities, project loci, statuses etc.
* RSS feed for each project.
* Email notifications.
* Charts and reports in Excel + HTML format.
I will try my best to summarize various part of this slightly complex application.
* Fusebox was chosen as a Controller Framework, however application core is designed in such a manner that replacing Fusebox with Model-Glue or Mach-II will be quite trivial. Details on Fusebox can be found on its site which is listed under links.
* ColdSpring? is acting as the driving machinary for dependency injection and control all service components. Details about ColdSpring? can be find on its site which is listed under links.
* Reactor is the ORM framework that handles database transactions. Details on Reactor be foundd on its site which is listed under links.
* Aspected Oriented Programming (AOP). In order to send emails notification, the AOP feature from ColdSpring? is put into practice. An Around Advice is developed which acts around Issue Service.
As the time permits and based on user feedback, I am planning on adding more features. Here is the first initial list
* PDF reports using Apache FOP.
* Translate application to Model-Glue/Mach-II/Flex.
* Auto save on description boxes.
* Fusebox 5.1
* ColdSpring - Version with <import> tag support.
To enter issues for this (or any other) project, you must be logged in.
Adobe and the Adobe product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.